Much Ado About Magnets
January 30, 2018
As many of you may know, high-quality magnets are included with the Stamparatus and enable you to securely anchor your paper to the Stamparatus platform. While we include information about these special magnets in the tool packaging, we wanted to provide you with additional context regarding their use.
Neodymium magnets (also known as rare earth magnets) are very brittle; they are also the strongest magnets available for papercrafting and are therefore standard stamp placement tool accessories in the papercrafting industry. When placed on your paper, they attract the thin, magnetic plate inside the stamping tool and prevent your paper from slipping.
Rare earth magnets must be handled with care. Lower quality magnets can snap together without effect, but all rare earth magnets (though strong) can shatter, crack, or chip regardless of shape or size. This does not indicate a manufacturing defect. Stamparatus magnets are safe when they are used as intended.
Here are some tips to follow when using Stamparatus magnets.
- Individual magnets are extremely strong; most projects should only require one magnet.
- Store the magnets under the base when they are not in use so they are always separated.
- When using both magnets on a project, be mindful of their placement on the base; the further apart they are, the better.
- If your magnets do snap together, twisting them apart is the easiest way to separate them.
- Handle the magnets with care to avoid injury. If they snap together, Stamparatus magnets can pinch fingers or shatter.
- Children should not play with, touch, or use Stamparatus magnets. Please store the magnets in their storage compartment when they are not in use.
- Magnets can interfere with pacemakers; if this is a concern, please consult your physician for more information.
- Magnets can damage electronic devices, e.g. computer hard drives, magnetized credit and debit cards, etc.
- Magnets are a choking hazard; they should not be placed inside the mouth.
- If the magnets do crack, chip, or shatter, we will be unable to replace them; they are not under warranty and cannot be returned or exchanged.
- If the magnets do crack, chip, or shatter, we do not recommend using them as they may have sharp edges.
These magnets are great tools when used in conjunction with the Stamparatus. Simply use them with care and follow the tips outlined above, and you will ensure a great stamping experience for you.
These Magnets are NOT covered by any warranty and cannot be replaced for free by the company.
Please Click on the shopping cart to place your STAMPIN UP! online order. All orders are shipped using UPS directly to YOU!
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.