I am SO excited to share this project with you, but even more excited to show you these new punches! (can you see my happy dance?)
|Scalloped Tag Topper Punch||133324|
It's funny, I have been BEGGING for tag end punches for years- I know they didn't do it just for me but it's fun all the same!
Here are a couple of tags I created using not only the tag topper punches, but the Spiral Rose Die I showed you yesterday and some of our paper doilies.
No matter how I tried to photograph these tags, the lighting was wrong in my studio. Gotta love storms! Sorry for that, but here are the 3 different photos I took. The last photo has NO flash so you can see the shimmer better- it's VERY subtle in normal lighting and adds just a touch of shimmer and elegance to the tag.
The center has a "dew drop" in it- remember those were so popular a few years ago? Well I have 2 bottles and I am just now starting to use them! They make VERY nice flower centers. I plan to use them on my pages I will be creating this year and probably searching for more colors! There is only one store and it's in Branson that used to carry them. I think it may be roadtrip time! lol
- The tag is 2"wide as that is what fits in the topper punch and I used our border punch for the bottom.
- I stamped the En Francais background on the Crumb Cake and Baked Brown Sugar cardstock with soft suede ink.
- I cut up a paper doily in different sizes to see which one I like better and looking at the photos I like the bigger doily on the left better
- I made the rose using the NEW Spiral Rose Die
- I used a bit of the Soft Suede ink and a sponge on the doily and the edges of the tags. I think next time before I roll up the rose I will ink it a bit too and see how it looks.
- The leaves are made using Always Artichoke scraps and the Little Leaves Sizzlit.
- I ran the leaves through an embossing folder after it was cut for just a bit more texture. I didn't do that on the card I shared. It's beautiful either way but that sizzlit is one I would definitely recommend as a staple in your stash!
- I spritzed both tags with Gold Shimmer Spray.
I think these would be lovely gift tags as the rose won't work for a book mark very well, it's about 1 inch tall. I am excited to be using these new punches for all kinds of projects in the future and always love our Stampin Up punches better than any other on the market beccause of the amazing quality.
Have a wonderful day!