CROCK POT COLA HAM
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 cup cola
3 to 4 pound pre-cooked ham
1. Combine brown sugar and mustard. Moisten with cola to make a smooth paste. Reserve remaining cola.
2. Score the ham with shallow slashes in a diamond pattern. Rub ham with mixture.
3. Place ham in crock pot and add remaining cola.
4. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour, then turn to low and cook for 6 to 7 hours.
Crock Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches
2 1/2 lb. or larger Pork shoulder or butt
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 C. balsamic vinegar
1 can chicken or pork stock
1 C. water
Spice mix: your choice of spices or the following:
4 Tbs. of chicken and rib rub
2 Tbs. of garlic salt
2 Tbs. of steak grill seasoning
1 Tbs. of light brown sugar or dark
1 bottle of Kraft honey bbq sauce
1/3 C. packed brown sugar light or dark
4 Tbs. of balsamic vinegar
Rub spice mix on pork. Place pork in Crock pot and put onions and red bell peppers over the top of the pork and all around the Crock pot. Pour stock, vinegar, and water over the pork. Set Crock pot on high and walk away for 6 to 8 hours. After you have taken your pork out, discard cooking Juices and let meat rest for about 10 minutes or until comfortable to touch. Shred pork with a fork and return to Crock pot. Pour BBQ sauce over the meat, mix together and you are done.
BarBQ Slow Cooker Chicken
• 2-3 lbs chicken
• 1 cup catsup
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
• 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/3 cup water
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 2 to 4 tablespoons butter, optional
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce + 2 tablespoons sugar, optional
1. Heat all ingredients except lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil.
2. Add lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce and heat until hot. Pour over skinned and cleaned chicken.
3. Cook in slow cooker for about 6-8 hours on low. 4-6 hours on high.
Molly’s Potato Salad
2lbs of Klondike potatoes, cut into chunks (not little pieces)
½ to ¾ cup of Hellmman’s Mayonnaise
3 hard cooked eggs, chopped
1 stalk of celery, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons of dill pickle relish
Cook potatoes in boiling water in saucepan for 15 minutes. Place warm potatoes in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise and toss to coat. Add eggs, celery and dill pickle relish. Mix lightly and add more mayonnaise if needed. Refrigerate for several hours or until chilled. We like to make this a day ahead of time. NOTE: use a glass or Tupperware bowl and never use metal utensils in any salad or dish with mayonnaise.
For the Kiddies---
Chocolate Chunk Marshmallow Sundae
2 packages (3.9oz each) of sugar-free Chocolate Instant Pudding
2 cups of low fat milk
1 (8oz) tub of Cool Whip topping, thawed
1 cup of Jet-Puffed Kraft Marshmallows
4 squares of Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 cups of fresh strawberries
Beat pudding mixes and milk in bowl with whisk for 2 minutes. Stir in Cool Whip, marshmallows and chocolate. Spoon into a 2qt. freezer safe bowl; cover. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Scoop into dessert dishes and garnish with strawberries.
8 cups of loosely packed, torn Boston lettuce
2 cups of seedless watermelon chunks (1 inch)
¾ cup of quartered cucumber slices
1/3 cup thin sliced red onion slices, separated into rings
1/3 cup Kraft Light Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
1 Tablespoon of Hellmman’s Mayonnaise with Olive Oil
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk dressing gradually into mayonnaise until well blended. Add to salad; toss to coat. Serve chilled.
Have a great day!