Listening to the radio this morning and hearing about the temps in the teens on black Friday, I thought I would quickly share a recipe from my recipe files that is hearty, hot and delicious! It's a good way to use up that left over ham from Thanksgiving too! lol
This is also a wonderful recipe for that holiday potluck you are attending, an elderly neighbor, or a shut in you happen to know.
Potato and Onion Chowder
2 cans chicken broth
1 cup water
½ cup yellow onion, chopped
2 bags frozen, shredded hash browns
½ teaspoon parsley flakes
2 cups cured ham, chopped
1 can celery soup
1 can onion soup
1 cup velveeta
1 small tub cream cheese with chives
half and half, 1 pint
cracked black pepper to taste
- Brown onion and ham in large soup pot in a little olive oil.
- Add chicken broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Add hashbrowns and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add parsley flakes, soups, cheese and cream cheese.
- Let dissolve and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add enough half and half to create desired consistency.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Serve with a crusty bread that has been sliced, drizzled with olive oil, topped with cracked pepper and warmed in the oven.
- OR- serve your soup in a bread bowl! Yummo!!
- An ultimate comfort food and yummy on a cold day.
Happy Shopping! Don't forget to check out my Ordering Special for Black Friday that I will reveal tomorrow! (Wednesday)