I love making cards that are not "traditional" sized, you will see more non traditional sized cards this year!
These cards are from a pre cut kit that SU sold to demos only and as I was cleaning out my shelving unit, I found it and 2 others. GASP! I made just a couple of them with plans to make up the rest for my card box and I want to share the info here with you. Okay?
First of all, these cards will use the envelope #107286 small open end envelope from SU, they sell 20 for $7.50.
Supplies: (yes, some are retired. But you can substitute any color combo of your choice stay tuned to see what I do with the NEW designer papers & this card template!)
- More mustard cardstock: 3x 4 3/4"
- Sahara Sand: 2 1/2 x 2 1/2" and a piced 6x6 for card base
- True Thyme: 2 1/2 x 3 1/2"
- Treehouse double sided designer paper: 1/2x3" stripe paper and 2x3" crosshatch paper
- INKS: cranberry crisp, true thyme & more mustard
Accessories and tools:
- mustard grossgrain ribbon 12"
- linen thread 12"
- rich regals buttons, brodade blue
- antique brass hodgepodge hardware- 1 oval ring fastener and 1 brad
- mini glue dots
- stampin dimensionals
- bone folder
- snail adhesive
- crafters tool kit
- paper snips
- double rectangle punch
- fold sahara sand c/s in half to create 3x6 card
- adhere crosshatch designer paper to top of card, Set card aside
- ink saying using more mustard and stamp along bottom of card on the left corner.
- create rectangle holes in top of more justard card stock using the double rectangle punch. punch along entire 3" edge, overlapping the last hole punched to achieve even spacing. Weave ribbon through holes from both sides and tie into knot.
- adhere striped dp to more mustard c/d above the ribbon. Adhere more mustard c/s to the card front.
- stamp dotted tag (or any other image) in true thyme ink on TT cardstock and cut out. pierce hole in top of tag using paper piercing tool from crafters tool kit. attach antique brass oval ring fastener to top of tag with brad. (remember to open the fastener and slide the c/s up inside the fastener then attach with brad)
- cut linen thread in half, use one piece to tie brass fastener to more mustard ribbon.
- stamp image on cranberry crisp ( I used more mustard here instead) on the 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 c/s and cut out. tie second piece of linen thread through button and adhere with mini glue dot. Now adhere tag to card using stampin dimensionals!
Have fun, I can't wait to use this format to make some Valentines when the kids and hubby go back to school and work on Wed. With them home, I get nothing "fun" done! lol
hugs and Happy New year!!! I am so thankful for all of you and your lovely emails! I would love to feature you here on my blog so feel free to email me your projects!!