I have been emailed a survey about the new catalog and I decided to post my remarks here for all to read!
Favorite new set:"Wanted & Bronc Buster" (oh! and both of the coordinating wheels too!)
Favorite new Background Stamp: En Francais'
Favorite new Wheel:I can't pick JUST one!
Favorite Alpha Stamp:Rough Edges mini alphabets
Favorite new tool/accessory:Photo corners Punch
Favorite new paper:Outlaw
Sample that caught my eye is on page: Page FIVE! The boho west book!
The thing that appeals to me most about this catalogue is:It not only shows card & scrapbook ideas, but also beautiful framed art along with other items that you can stamp & alter. PLUS: it has the coordinating items along the bottom of the pages!
Any party menu that includes finger foods will call for extra clean-up. Pamper your guests with warm, lemon scented towels. Soak little fingertip towels in a mixture of water and lemon juice. Fold and roll them up. When ready to use microwave them for 10-15 seconds. Serve them on a tray just before dessert. Very luxuious!
Taken from the gooseberry patch summer book. I have the entire collection and I have been ordering from this company way over 20 years and I have NEVER been disappointed in the service or products!
I have been gone all morning and after being home for a little while I started reading email (go figure ) anyhow, I read about catalogs and thought to myself- I WONDER just wonder- nahhhhhh Nope but this naggy feeling said GO LOOK anyway!
I peer out the window by the door AND THERE IS A SU BOX!!
I unlock the door in a panic, jerk it open and sure enough a SU Box! I pick it up ITS VERY heavy And rush to the kitchen for a knife.................
That is when I really looked at the box and saw the size- hmmmmmm
Knife Major surgery on the tape and inside......................... Is my order for 12x12 cardstock that they are retiring in that size Plus all the embossing powder in clear and my free stamp set
Tomorrow, Tomorrow, There is always tomorrow Annie..... (Gwen)
(I cannot give you a donation slip "I" am not authorized to do that, sorry)
These cards & envelopes with postage, must arrive in my hand to receive your prize. As they come in, names will be listed in order of winners. You may obtain my snail addy by emailing me at email@example.com.
Here's a little joke one of the demonstrators made up, its a memo to be sent to the UPS drivers by their management: (SUD stands for Stampin UP Demonstrator) I thought it was funny. I found it on SCS, the gal got it from someone last year so I don't know the author. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Drivers and Security
Date: June 20th , 2007
Subject: Crazy Stampin'Up! Ladies
This time of the year has come around once again. Stampin'Up! is releasing the New Idea Book and Catalog. Please be extremely cautious of Stampin' Up! demonstrators (SUDs) for the next two weeks.
Watch out for the following:
1. At the distribution centers, please be on the lookout for SUDs. In the past they have been known to cut fences and sneak inside covered with close to coccoa ink in hopes of blending in with the trucks.
2. The ladies have been known to run after your trucks. If they catch you and ask if you have a "package" for them, be careful with your answer. They do not take "no" for an answer. If you do not have it, just say " I will double check in the back" and turn and run as fast as you can to your truck and drive away. Do not turn back and look, just keep going until you are a safe distance away.
3. They have also been know to drive up next to you at a stop light in their mini vans and SUVs and ask if you have a package for them. Turn up your radio and pretend you cannot hear them. Do not let them approach your delivery truck at an intersection. SUDs have been know to stop traffic and throw all your packages off the trucks until they find their new Idea Book and catalog.
How to Deliver the New Idea Book and Catalog 1. Be sure you have fixed your squeaky brakes, If not - park your truck two blocks away so the SUD can not hear you coming.
2. Put in your earplugs and secure your safety glasses.
3. If you see children looking out the window, put your finger up to your lips and say "SHHHH".. They are on a "lookout" for you and are being paid to "alert" their mothers (SUDs) when they see you coming to the door.
4. Approach the front door and very quietly, set the package down in front of the door (Make sure you place it in FRONT so when she opens the door, the box will be in the way and give you a little more time to escape).
5. Back up as far as you can and reach for the doorbell, (BE READY TO RUN !!!). Ring the doorbell and make a mad dash back to your truck and drive away....DO NOT LOOK BACK !!!
The UPS corporation is informing you of this because in the past years, SUDs have been known to scream at the top of their lungs with excitement and try to tackle you with hugs for delivering their catalogs. After you have been smothered with appreciation for getting them their catalogs on time, watch out for flying packaging material as they will open up the box before you have had a chance to leave , or they have gone inside.
Best of luck to you with this mission, and remember
I wanted to make luminaries for the sidewalk for the high priest fiesta dinner on the 30th here at the house. I purchased these cute bags at Micheal's and came home wondering what I would do with them for cute decor holes. and DING! IDEA! LIGHT BULB........ Divine inspiration!
In our new catalog we have a wonderful item called the Three for you punch box and I used the awesome punch to make these cute designs. I love the one on the left best and you can see a wax spot on the right one (thanks tank for sniffing your big nose where it didnt belong and tipping it over spilling wax!) All the other luminaries are done and ready for the party!
Check out what I purchased today with my 40% off coupon at Michaels!!
I envisioned it a bit larger because of the box size but seeing all the styro they have around it I see now why its not as big as I thought. I will be hanging it tonight in my stamp room and filling it with all kinds of fun things! When that is done I will post but first I have swap cards I am behind with and need to finish to mail and I actually have time this afternoon and evening to work on them ( I thought they were all due next week, turns out they were due last Monday, OH MY!)
The shelf before I hang it and fill it up!
I just received a phone call from some friends in the Ward and they need a mending job before our temple trip tomorrow. Here it is on my wall! It hung quick and easy! i think the ribbon will come off and I will remove the bar like I did on the bottom shelf so that I can sort out and see better all my reinkers. Right now I have them sorted by colors, blues, yellows, greens, pink and reds etc. I am sure I will move and change and fuss with this off and on all the time! It gives me ideas for another unit I would like and will have hubby build!! (taller shelving so larger items fit) See the pink coaster book on the left? that is 4x4 so that gives you an idea the size of the boxes.