Hello! I have been creating tonight. I saw "THE" most gorgeous card here on Splitcoaststampers , and fell in love with it! I knew that I would have to case the idea, so I decided I would create this 6x6 page of Kay and I taken at our daughter Jodie's wedding Sept 2005. The page went together well, but was very time consuming due to all the detail. I feel it was worth all the time.
I started by cutting a 6x6 from Sahara Sand cardstock and I stamped it with the leaf from the Stampin Up! Wild Roses Set using always artichoke classic ink. I then cut a 5 1/x x 5 1/2 of Regal Rose cardstock and stamped the word LOVE from the Wonderful Words stamp set in Regal Rose ink and set it aside.
I then took whisper white, inked up the Print Pattern background stamp with sahara sand and stamped that. I like to stamp background stamps wiht the rubber up, put ink all over it and lay my cardstock on it. I then take my grid paper and fold it over the cardstock and rub, this way I dont get any ink on my hands and I love the results. .
I think that next time I will "stamp off" the ink to my grid sheet and then stamp it to the cardstock so its not quite so bright but more subtle. I then took the French Script b/g stamp and inked it up with regal rose classic ink and stamped over the print pattern. I trimmed the whisper white c/s to fit the size of the background stamping. I then cut Pretty in Pink cardstock to fit under or "frame" the whisper white.
I knew I wanted a circle the minute I layered what I had stamped so far! So I pulled my giga punches out buy them here and punched out the mega scallop circle and then the regular giga circle and layered them using mono adhesive.
I took the scrap whisper white cardstock and stamped the Wild Rose rose buds in pretty in pink and then in regal rose classic inks and cut each out by hand.The rosebuds are heat embossed with irridescent ice and they are just as shiney as the organdy ribbon but hard to see in the photo graph. Then I stamped the leaves using mellow moss and then always artichoke classic inks and cut them out. I printed the photo on the computer and layed it in, then layering the leaves and rose buds bending them to give dimension. The rose buds are adhered with dimensionals from Stampin Up! And last but not least I tied the white organdy bow and used pop up glue dots also from SU!
I am very pleased with the project and I look forward to making a few more to coordinate! I feel it is simple yet elegant. I also think this will make wonderful cards for weddings, anniversaries and even photo frames!
Thank you to ndelam from scs for her wonderful inspiration!